background

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Long Days and Sleepless Nights

I think the lack of sleep is catching up to me, but I just keep running away from it. I have been up pretty late the past few nights doing homework, and this is because I keep putting it off so I can go out and enjoy the city!! Yesterday we had a tour at St. Pauls Cathedral. We got the top notch tour, it was amazing! It is one of the most amazing places I have seen. We got to see the "Harry Potter" staircase, it was so so so so pretty. The tour guides let us take pictures there, but no where else. The architecture is so amazing, the ceilings was painted with amazing detail and the stain glass windows....it was a sight for sore eyes. We had a great tour guide, but his voice sorta put me to sleep. When we were sitting down I totally passed out....not gonna lie. But I needed it if I was going to make it through the rest of the day. Part of our tour allowed us to climb to the top of the dome of the Cathedral! We climbed something like 530 stairs to get the top. The first half was not bad.....but the last few hundred freaked me out. They were windy thin medal stair cases, and I HATE heights! My hands were shaking and I was gripping the handle bar so so so hard. But I just had to keep the view in mind. We made to the top and you could see ALL of London. It was so worth the climb. You could even see the Eiffel Tower from where we were, across the channel. We stayed up there for a while and took pictures and than made our way down. Next we went to the London Museum. The Museums here are incredible. They have such cool things in their exhibits, that no one would ever have! This museums walked you through all the time periods in London. I really really loved it and want to go back. We had to go fairly quickly because some of us needed to go to the Victoria and Albert Museum for a "Field Study" for my Jane Austen class. I liked this place a lot too and would love to go back to see the fashion exhibit there, the way fashion has changed and develop in our history is so interesting to me. After that I stayed up WAY too late doing homework.....getting up this morning was hard.
Today was just classes and shopping. We went to Oxford Street, and I am sure we will be coming back. I bought a few cute things and am excited about it. We also went to an institute game night at a ward near by for the evening. Well I have a really early morning tomorrow so i better get those few hours of sleep in. Ill post some pics as soon as I can. Cheers!
London Museum - random quote wall
If you look to the top far left of this picture you will see the Eiffel Tower!!
Harry Potter StairCase
St. Pauls
room 4B :)


London Museum

No comments:

Post a Comment