background

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Struggling to Keep Up

All dressed up for St. Pauls

Tower of London

Bath

View from the Tor

The Tor

Glastonbury

Roomies!


Wow it has been a long time since I blogged last - even though it feels like it was just yesterday I was blogging about my adventure at St. Pauls Cathedral. I have a lot to talk about and I honestly dont even know where to begin. I will just briefly touch on everything I have been up to. I found out my church calling and had my first day of church last week. I was called as a primary teacher in my ward. I team teach with another girl in the program named Tara, I am way glad we get to work together. Our first sunday we were sent to nursery and just took care of two young girls, but today at church Tara and I taught our fist lesson about David and Goliath. The kids are so cute, and I am so glad I have this calling and have the opportunity to serve in this ward. It has been a very humbling and spiritual experience so far. They had us bear our testimonies the first sunday, and we are already signed up for a musical number in a few weeks. There are six of us that attend that ward.
Last Friday we went on our first Day Trip. That Saturday we went to Camden Market, it was an adventure! It was very crowded and very big. I really enjoyed it though, and would love to go back. I love the atmosphere of the saturday markets, and I wish we had those at home! I crammed in some homework on Sunday and classes began. This last school week flew by! Midterms are coming up and so I feel like the professors crammed in a lot of things this week. I already had a bit of break down the first day of class, and a few girls had some this week. It is just really hard trying to balance everything. The classes are very intensive because we are so pressed for time, but as a student in this program you do not want to dedicate every second to school, you want to take advantage of the time you have here in London! So I think we are just struggling a bit figuring out how to do it ALL, but I think we will figure it out eventually.
We had a few trips this week as well, which contributed to the craziness. On Wednesday we went on a day trip and went to three different AMAZING places. Our first destination was Glastonbury, than we went to Stourhead, and than Bath. It was incredible, I saw ruins, gorgeous views of the country, and Roman ruins. I could not even believe I was there at some moments. I loved loved loved it!! On Thursday night we went to Beethoven's 9th at St. Pauls, it was cool to go back there again, and the concert was so beautiful. On Friday we went to the Tower of London. I did not really understand what this was until I went there. It served as a fortress and place for prisoners. I saw the Crowned Jewels, a place where they kept prisoners, the place they beheaded people, and King's armor. After that we went to Borough Market, a food market nearby. It was definitely an eventful week, full of many things to see. I am probably forgetting something, but Ill try and make that up with the pictures :).

No comments:

Post a Comment