background

Sunday, July 11, 2010

"To love another person is to see the face of god." - les miserables

Yesterday was one of my favorite days so far. Some girls were going to spend the day in Oxford, but I decided to take it a little easier. I woke up and went for a long run in Hyde Park, and it was so nice to be able to take my time. Any other time I go running during the week I have to wake up extra early and rush to be back in time for breakfast and classes. I came back and did laundry and got ready. I spent a day on my own, and it was kinda exhilarating. I explored Portobello Market, and it went forever! The street is pretty thin, so you feel like you a fish in a large school of fish trying to swim up stream. I found a watch there, so now I can finally know the time. After that I headed to the grocery store, and of course I just HAD to walk into this shoe store called OFFICE, because they had a sale going on. And of course I HAD to fall in love with these shoes. So i purchased some shoes, not part of the plan, but oh well! I finished the errands and returned home to meet up with Lauren. We had plans to meet up with two good friends from home who were coming to meet us in London after their Study Abroad in Spain and backpacking through Europe. Meg and Mary Beth met us at the Peter Pan Statue and Hyde park and it was SO good to see them! We just sat and talked about their amazing experience and crazy adventures and we told them about how things were going here, and how much we have already learned. We brought them back to our place and than headed down to grab some dinner before.......LES MISERABLES!!! I had been looking forward to this night for so long, and I was not disappointed. We met up with some of roommates at the play, and we all just loved it. The play was so moving, and the talent of these people who acted in it just blew me away. I had chills for the entire show, and I didn't want it to end. Nick Jonas, a pop star from the states (a lot people had no idea who he was) was in the play. There were lots of young screaming girls.......but after the show we were able to catch one of the main actors who played Javert. He was from Florida and we snuck some pictures with him, he was so kind. We said our goodbyes to Mary Beth and Meg, and headed back home. It was a late night, because I had to stay up and write a paper, but it was so worth it! I cant believe I am already two weeks into this trip - this week went by so fast and I have a feeling it will just continue to get faster. I really want to keep on this blogging. And i will try and be better for the rest of the trip. I leave for France tomorrow and will be without a lap top.....so I will behind again. But I will have lots to say when I get back!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Nick Jonas was in Les Mis? That's random. I'm jealous you got to go see it though, I want to go see it again! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha i know right? But i guess thats like what made him famous, he did it when he was younger and thats how he was discovered. Oh you would have LOVED it! I miss you so so so much - how are the plans for the bachelorette party going?

    ReplyDelete